Seeking Media Fellow for Paid Position
ACT NOW, one of New York City’s leading grassroots progressive organizations, seeks talented, energetic, media-savvy candidates for our paid Media Fellowship Program. The Fellowship runs through the week after Election Day 2012 and may be extended into the Winter and/or Spring of 2013, with a typical weekly time commitment of 5-15 hours. A stipend of $1,000 will be awarded for the period through the week after Election Day.
ACT NOW has run numerous progressive political campaigns since 2004, supporting candidates for the State Senate and Attorney General, the U.S. House and Senate, and the Presidency. We have also fought for critical government reforms, such as our campaigns for non-partisan legislative redistricting and campaign finance reform in New York State.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Messaging and Blogging
- Managing Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Marketing and branding strategy
- Working with the Board of Directors and Organizing Committee
Successful candidates must demonstrate:
- Intelligence, analytic abilities, and strong communication skills
- Superior judgment, reliability, and maturity
- Talent for operating autonomously and in a “virtual office” environment
- Resiliency and good humor
- Interest in politics, policy, and/or organizing
- Experience with political organizing, fundraising, media, video, and/or technology beneficial, but not required
Benefits of the Position:
The Fellow will hold a position of significant responsibility, honing political and media skills, collaborating with experienced activists, and interfacing with other players in New York politics. In addition to the $1,000 stipend, the Fellow will receive strong employment and/or graduate school letters of recommendation and assistance with opportunities in politics and policy, as warranted by performance.
This Fellowship represents an excellent opportunity to build skills and a network and to get involved in progressive politics in the New York area.
More information on ACT NOW can be found on this site.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.