ACT NOW is kicking off the New Year with a day of action on Campaign Finance Reform!
Join us for: Money-Out/Voters-In Day of Action on Saturday afternoon, January 19th. We have an exciting program planned to kick off a united effort for three objectives: Overturn Citizens United, Enact Publicly Financed Elections in New York State and Washington, and Expand the Vote.
12:30-4:00pm: The Skirball Center at NYU, 60 Washington Square South
- Forum with speakers and entertainment
- Facilitated breakout sessions to discuss how to move forward on each of our three objectives
4:00pm: Outdoor Public Event, 1 Federal Plaza
- In honor of the notion of that a corporation is a person, help celebrate the marriage ceremony between a person and a corporation!
- Organized by Occupy Wall Street
- Jeff Clements – President, Free Speech for the People
- Reverend James A. Forbes, Jr. – Senior Minister Emeritus, The Riverside Church
- Mark Green – Former NYC Public Advocate
- Bill Samuels – Chairman, New Roosevelt Initiative
Join us and other progressive organizations on January 19th and help spread the word.
The ACT NOW Team